Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Life on the Other Side

I have had several people ask me what I've been up to since graduation, how my boards went, etc. I did pass both of my board exams and ended up doing fine, which was a huge relief. My license posted a week after taking my second exam, so I am officially a pharmacist now!! I received my license on Friday the 13th (of June) so hopefully that is not an omen for the future of my career. I'm not superstitious so I'm not too worried. I work about 20 hours a week at Taylor Drug, the pharmacy where I interned, and work one shift a week at a pharmacy in Tooele. I also recently signed up to be a fill-in pharmacist for Target--if you work at least one shift a quarter you get the employee discount so how could I pass that up? Here are a few of the other things going on since finishing school:

The day my license posted Carl and I went to Salt Lake to visit my sister Mandy, her fiancee Josh, and their baby Gabby. We had a great little summer BBQ outside. It makes me sad that Mandy and I have lived so close to each other for so many years, but still only see each other 2-3 times a year. Hopefully now that school is behind me I will be able to spend more time with her. Isn't Gabby a beautiful baby? I took piano lessons for a couple of years as a kid and have always wanted to get back into it. Carl bought me a new piano about a month ago and I have been taking lessons from my neighbor Heather. Heather is great to work around my work schedule so I can take a lesson every week, even if it isn't on the same day each week.

We also recently sold our townhome (finally!). It was on the market for almost 6 months and I have to admit it was a very stressful process. If we could do it over again we would do it much differently, but you live and learn. Our townhome was a great little starter home for us and I will miss it, but only just a little.
During the rest of my spare time I am still working on my goals of maintaining a spotless house 24/7, becoming a gourmet chef (that likely won't happen in this life or the next), and going to the gym more than once a week.

Carl is staying busy with work and the army. He is working on becoming a pilot-in-command (PC) with his guard unit now that he has a little extra time. They are in desperate need of PCs and even asked if he could take 2 weeks off of work so he could get all of the requirements done faster. His thoughts were "hmm...after taking time off of work for Woodbadge, scout camp, and to maintain my flight minimums, if I had 2 weeks of vacation time left I would spend it cruising the Mediterranean with my beautiful wife, not doing army work."
Maybe someday we'll take that Mediterranean cruise...

4 comments:

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Oh, thanks for the updates! Are you serious about wanting to maintain a spotless house? I'd assume you were being sarcastic, but your piano picture is kind of breathtaking, so I think you are actually following in the footsteps of our dear role model, June Cleaver. I love you, Lindsay!

Kelsey said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy, and congratulations on your pharmacist status! That is a huge and awesome accomplishment. And I love your new template, where did you find it?

Our family blog is boydandkelsey.blogspot.com. See ya!

Just Us said...

I loved the post! I wish I could play the piano. Good for you taking lessons!

Dawna said...

I did not know that you are taking piano lessons. Good for you! I love the piano...beautiful. Also, I copied your quote from Sister Hinckley. Hope that is okay. I just love her.