I really don't have anything exciting going on in my life right now, but I am tired of looking at the face of the dumb criminal every time I come to my blog and I have a little time, so I thought I would post. Hmm...what's been going on. We got our truck back last week and it is so nice having 2 cars again. Thanks to the family and friends who helped us out during our predicament by giving us rides to work, church, etc. It was nice to not have to rent a car the entire 2 1/2 weeks. American Idol started again this month and that is a little bit of sunshine in the midst of my winter blues. I know I'm a dork but I LOVE American Idol. Everyone needs their guilty pleasure, right? Carl and I have spent a lot of time recently putting the finishing touches on our organizing endeavors and I can finally say, after living here for almost 4 months, that I feel settled. It's not quite 100% completed, but we are REALLY close. I worked in Tooele for 3 days straight earlier this month because the owner had to go to court. A little over a year ago his pharmacy was robbed (at gunpoint) of Oxycontin and the case finally went to trial. The robber was arrested that same day but maintained his innocence and wouldn't settle out of court, so the case finally went to trial, jury and all. The verdict was guilty and I think everyone is relieved to have some closure. Click here to read the story. The Oxycontin drama never ends... The nice thing about being in Tooele for 3 days is that I got to stay in a cozy hotel where I didn't have to worry about laundry, dishes, or even making the bed, and I got to see my friend Jenn from freshman year. She lives in Tooele and was kind of enough to feed me dinner one night.
I hope everyone is doing well and surviving the winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment