In April, 3 of my great freshman-year friends and I got together for a day. Mary Ann and Brie Ann stayed for almost a week and it was fantastic! I love that we are able to keep in touch despite the time and distance. Thanks again girls for a wonderful day!
A few days later I went down to St. George for the Utah Pharmacists Association Convention (aka the "Nerd Convention"). Several of the technicians I work with also went down and we stayed in a condo together (thanks again LuDean for sharing your connections!). Here is a tiny picture of me and my girls...I stole it from Amanda's Facebook album and haven't figured out how to make it bigger. That's my punishment for always forgetting my camera and not taking my own pictures.

Hmm...what else? Carl and I started a super-budget earlier this month and are committed to having all of my student loans paid off by September. I want to be as financially secure as possible by the time I have a baby (assuming that happens before my 80th birthday) so I can have the choice to work as little or as much as I want to once I am a mother. It will take some sacrifice and self-discipline but will be worth it. Speaking of self-discipline, Carl and I have a 2-week European cruise scheduled for September. Assuming we have our student loans paid off by then, if you were me would you go on the cruise or start paying down the mortgage? We feel torn between living it up while we still can and being responsible. I would love to hear what you think!
5 comments:
LIVE IT UP, Kids are the greatest, but who says you should not take advantage of just the two of you!! I am soooo jealous of your european cruise!!!!!!
go on the cruise! I don't think you'll regret it! Plus having the student loans paid off is a big chunk of debt, you'll need some reward for all that hard work!!
Cruise, cruise, cruise! Kids will change everything and you may not get this chance for 20+ years.
Since I'm not a big fan of boats I'm just going to say TRAVEL!!!! Do it now!!! I don't have kids of my own (obviously, and if I did Carl would kill me if I hadn't told you guys!) but when Michael and I find the time to grab a weekend alone, we both know it won't always be this way. So we try to live it up while we can!!
Great job on setting a good budget!
Lidsay, I didn't know you miscarried. I'm so so so sorry. If you ever need to talk, let me know- I miscarried back in late October and was supposed to be due this week. I say treat yourselves to something fun. You guys both work so hard- you deserve that cruise!
Post a Comment