Many of you may remember my post about Carl's deployment schedule. Well, as part of Carl's pre-deployment training he is required to do a 3 1/2 month course at Fort Rucker, Alabama (the same place we lived while he completed flight school). We went back and forth about whether or not I was going to come with him this time around, but decided that with the upcoming deployment we want to be together as much as possible. After a VERY long day of traveling we made it here late Thursday night. Jane did surprisingly well on the flight and hopefully isn't too much worse for the wear.
I had mixed feelings about coming to Alabama again, but now that we are here and settled, I am SO glad we did. I admit, it was stressful trying to pack and get my house in Utah ready to close up for the winter with the baby, but with the help of my mom and some great friends we made it work. We are still getting into a new routine, but so far I am enjoying it immensely. Carl goes to class every morning at 8:00 and is done by 4:30. He doesn't have a commute. He doesn't have to fly in the evenings or go to drill on the weekends. He doesn't have scouts on Wednesday nights. So far, this feels like a mini vacation for me (we'll ask him how he feels about it in a few weeks). I am sure this is just the calm before the storm in my life this year, but I am going to enjoy it while I can.
4 comments:
We miss you guys already Lindsay! So glad you get to spend so much time as a family though! Enjoy it while you have it!
I was just thinking about you today...back in Alabama. I loved that place! So many good memories. You just missed the Hensons. They were all there, but left in Novemeber or December. Have fun and enjoy the weather! When I moved there in January (a short 7 years ago) it was 70 degrees and I was in heaven.
I'm so glad you posted! I want to hear about your adventures with Baby Jane, and I'm glad that Carl's schedule just got a lot more relaxed. Dou you already have friends in Alabama? Have you discovered placed to go with Jane, like the library, mall, and pet store (our saving graces here:)). Look forward to seeing more of what you're up to. Will you be there just for three and a half months? Then what? Will you come back here at the end of May?
Lindsay, I'm so glad you guys made it there safely and that Jane did so well! And I'm also glad that you get to spend so much time with Carl. I hope you know I'm here for you anytime. I know a thing or two about deployments (well, I kind of feel like I was put in the fast lane that's on the fast track) and you can come by or call ANYTIME you need!! We love you and can't wait to see you guys in a few months!! Thanks for the post!
Post a Comment