Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom Isn't Free

Carl came home from his training in Arizona for the weekend and we had a fabulous 4th of July. We went to the parade in Provo and spent time at the Freedom Festival afterwards. He participated in the fly over of the Stadium of Fire so we got free tickets for me and my family to go and watch. I haven't been to the Stadium of Fire in years and it was a great time. I don't watch the Disney Channel so I don't know too many Jonas Brothers songs but nevertheless it was fun to watch them perform. I took him to the airport tonight and it was really hard to say good-bye. Honestly, I feel like such a wuss. I can't even handle 8 weeks in Arizona, how am I going to handle 18 months in Afghanistan someday, if that day comes? I won't think about it right now...we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For the time being I will just enjoy the time I have now. I am so grateful to live in this country and for those who serve and sacrifice to make freedom possible!





No comments: