Saturday, July 18, 2009

George Strait Concert

Last night I went to the George Strait concert with my good friend JulieAnn. I was raised on country music and George Strait was a staple during my childhood. There is something about his music that I have always loved. He has a way of singing straight (no, not a joke) to the heart. His concert was fantastic. He wasn't flashy or fancy; he just got up on the stage and sang. He sounded great live. The mix of his voice with the sound of the fiddle, steel guitar, and piano is something that I will never forget (yes I know that sounds incredibly cheesy, but its true!). Long live King George! Julie and I waiting in the long line to get into the amphitheatre.


Julieanne Hough was one of the opening acts. She is not only gorgeous and an incredible dancer, but she actually sings well too. Why do some people get all the talent?



Blake Shelton was the other opening act. I wasn't a huge fan of his before the show and his performance did little to change my mind. To quote him, "I shouldn't be telling y'all this, but I am going to get so drunk after this show." Hmm, not very classy.


Speaking of class, George Strait should define class in country music (assuming that is not an oxymoron). His show was well worth the time and money spent to see it and I hope he comes back to Salt Lake City soon.

1 comment:

Dawna said...

I love George too! Jenni went to Kenny Chesney tonight...don't you just love country music???