Saturday, January 9, 2010
Sick Day
I work out in Tooele once a week, and although it is a long drive, I really enjoy the pharmacy and the great techs who work out there. Yesterday was my day to work in Tooele. It started out fine and dandy until about 2:00 PM, when I started feeling queasy. I thought I was just hungry so I ate my lunch thinking I would start to feel better, but I just got progressively worse. By 5:00 I was lying on the floor in the break room and the techs were bringing me prescriptions to check...not a pretty sight and certainly not conducive to good patient care (fortunately it wasn't very busy by this point). One of the clerks called Sheldon, the pharmacy owner/manager, who came in so I could go home. Unfortunately I live over an hour from Tooele and unfortunately Carl was at a Scout campout in Kamas for the night. Let's just say the drive home wasn't pretty. I ended up puking all over my car driving on I-80 towards Salt Lake. I called my mom who, fortunately, was home. I made it to her house in Sandy without any more incidents but my car was a complete disgusting mess. Being the angel that she is, she cleaned my car up along with help from my wonderful step-dad Brent, so I could go take a bath and lay down. I ended up staying there for the night so I wouldn't have to be alone. I came home this morning and am feeling a little better, but I miss my husband. He went straight from the campout in Kamas to West Jordan for drill. I hope he won't be too late. All I can say, is I am SO GRATEFUL for a sweet mother who is still willing to take care of me although I am 28 years old. It's also a good thing I have Monday off so I can take the time to go get my car detailed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow...what a day. You are certainly loved. Hope you feel better!!
Oh, I feel so bad for you!!!! I have been there! I hope you start feeling better soon. Thinking of you!
I hope you are on the mend. Next time call me I could come get you and I am sure we could find a large bowl for you to carry on your lap.
Um, gross. Do you feel great now?
You poor thing! I hate throwing up and I feel your pain for throwing up in your car. I did that once, except it was my co-worker's car and we were driving home from a training session in SLC. I hope you are feeling better! Love you!
Post a Comment