Monday, December 13, 2010

Life with Jane


I can't believe my baby girl will be 6 weeks old on Thursday! A good friend told me that when raising children, the days are long but the years are short. I am beginning to understand what she meant. Things are going well at our house. My emotions are starting to level out and breastfeeding is going much, much better. Jane is a baracuda eater, which is a good thing now that I'm not so sore. She is also a good sleeper. We have our rough nights, but fortunately the last couple of nights she has slept for 5-7 hour stretches at a time, which I am very, very grateful for. I have determined that my coping skills as a mother are directly proportional to how well-rested I am. I went back to work this past week for a 4-hour shift, and will do one 4-hour shift every week through December. Fortunately, I have a flexible job and a baby that will take a bottle. It felt really good to get back, although I still have no intention on working more than a few hours a week. I feel very accomplished in that my Christmas tree is up (and decorated too) along with a few simple decorations around the house, although I haven't even started shopping yet. It may be a simple Christmas for us this year. Here are a few pictures to brighten your day:
This picture was taken yesterday morning (December 12th)



This picture was taken last Thursday, at exactly 5 weeks of age. She has been smiling off and on since, and I really hope they are real smiles and not just gas.

Who doesn't love a sleeping baby?


Jane being held by my dad, taken in Vernal on Thanksgiving Day.

3 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Oh my goodness she is darling!! That is one seriously cute baby. So fun to see pictures of her!

Decker and Christine said...

I am very happy you have a good sleeping baby! Way to go Jane! She is beautiful, Lindsay! You know, she looks just like you. :)

Jenny said...

so so cute! Way to go on going back to work....yikes, I wasn't ready for that at 4 weeks post-partum. She is gorgeous!