On Saturday I had the rare opportunity to go watch Carl shoot out at the gunnery range west of the Great Salt Lake. Carl's National Guard Unit only does gunnery once a year, so it's not something you get to see every day. Gunnery is where the Apache pilots practice shooting rockets and other ammo at targets (usually old tanks or such). The coolest part is that they let us wives fly in a Blackhawk helicopter out to the range. This is a picture of me buckled up ready for the flight.

This is Carl's Apache making a round preparing to shoot.

This is the only good shot I got of one of the guns actually firing. The targets are the small black dots you see next to the road at a distance.
2 comments:
How cool, Lindsay!
I probably would have gotten motion sick, but what an opportunity!
wow, that's so cool! go rambo carl!
Post a Comment