Friday, March 28, 2008

Counting Down

I started my final clinical rotation on Monday and graduate from pharmacy school 5 weeks from today! My rotation is at the Utah Diabetes Center and I have learned a lot so far. Although I am super excited to graduate I have been having a mini identity crisis lately. I have been a student for so long that I don't know how to be a "normal person" (if any such person actually exists). Plus, at times I don't feel ready to be the pharmacist and make the tough judgment calls. Ready or not, it's coming fast and this is an exciting time in my life. Carl graduates 4 weeks from today and I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard to finish his degree while at the same time supporting us and fulfilling his military duties. He is an amazing person!

I did have the opportunity to go to Vernal last week for a couple of days with my mom, Abby, Issac, and Izzy. We spent time with my Grandma Merrill and I also spent a day with my Grandma Massey, Dad, and Cheryl (my stepmom). Here is a picture of the kids dying Easter Eggs at Grandma Merrill's house.

5 comments:

Faith said...

Congrats to the both of you!

Decker and Christine said...

I can't believe you guys are finishing! Congratulations!!! Don't worry, you'll be a great pharmacist. Being out of school is oh-so-much more fun than being in school. Good luck!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

I second Christine's response. It will hopefully feel like SUCH a breath of fresh air to be done with the school phase. I really liked completely burning myself out at the end of my Master's program, effectively linking the idea of papers and exams to nausea.

For the rest of your life (unless you're back in school again) there will be something cherful about finals weeks because YOU aren't a part of it. Way to go, and the identity crisis will pass.

Jenny said...

We're excited for you!!! One more year for us! Don't worry, you'll be a great pharmacist!

Valerie said...

Lindsay, I think I might be going through the same crisis as well now that Chris is looking for a job and we'll be real grown-ups. :) I can't believe your siblings are SO BIG! That makes me feel old. :)