Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Third Member of the Spear Family


This is Firebolt, the oft forgotten third member of our family. He was affectionately named after Harry Potter's infamous broom, and the name fits him well. He has quite a bit of personality for a fish that lives next to the computer. We thought about getting a dog or a cat for a pet, but we don't have the time to take care of a dog and I am allergic to cats. We think he likes it at our house, although he has had 2 near-death experiences since moving in. One involved a nasty case of swim bladder disorder that left him looking like he was dead for two days, and the other involved being accidentally poured onto the kitchen counter during his water change. Good thing he is a forgiving fish.

4 comments:

Decker and Christine said...

I am so happy you have a blog! It is so fun to see what you've been up to! Love the pictures!

p.s. I can't believe how much Isaac has grown! The last time I saw him he was so tiny!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Yay for your blog. And jamming your whole life into a bunch of fun photos makes everything look so exciting! I'm glad you've had such grand adventures with your husband.

Just Us said...

Lindsay! Okay you're going to think I'm a nerd, but I found Teagan's blog, and from there Tara's and Val's, and I kept hoping I would find yours too! So hopefully you remember me Jenn (formerly Fisk) now Savage from freshman year. I think you do since we recognized each other on Temple Square that one night (I hope you forgave me for totally blanking on your name that night, I promise I knew it!) Anyway, it was so nice to see what you've been up to in the last five years. I can't believe how fast time goes. Did you finish your grad degree? If so, congrats, that is an incredible achievement!

Jenny said...

Hey Lindsay--so fun to see your blog!! Have you seen ours lately? Check it out--we just got back from Hawaii so I'll be posting a ton of photos soon!! We miss you guys tons! Good luck finishing up this last month or so--when do you finish exactly? Want to go for another trip sometime? WE'RE IN!