Monday, April 21, 2008

My Shopping Trip at DI

I am the first person to admit that I am cheap. Nothing gives me an endorphin rush like finding a great deal on something I really want or like. My new favorite place to find great deals is DI. Sure, it takes a little digging around through lots of racks, but if you are persistent there are some great finds. I recently found a nice pair of Gap khaki slacks in my size, a cute new spring hoodie, a pair of black dress shoes to wear to graduation, and new capris. Here is a sampling of some of my finds. Even though I love to save money, I have learned through the years there are things worth splurging on. These include, but are not limited to, jeans and shoes. I have long legs so it is difficult to find jeans that fit right, and I stand on my feet all day at work so good shoes are essential. My favorite shoes to wear at work are Danskos, which can be pricey, but are worth every penny to save my feet. Happily, I found an almost new pair of Danskos at the DI in Vernal (in my size thankfully) for $3. You never know what you might find with a little diligence!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

haha, Lindsay that's funny and cool. I've found some great stuff for Annie at Goodwill actually. But my favorite is a little consignment store for kids. I get tons of super cute clothes for $1 each. Can't beat that!

We got your graduation annoucement today. CONGRATS! We are so happy for you. Wish we could be there!

Kelsey said...

I never knew!!! I'm the same way - at a yard sale today I bought a set of lamps for $2 and an old school croquet set for $5. I also love finding great deals!!!