Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trip to the Carolinas

Carl and I took a trip to South and North Carolina back in July to visit his uncle and grandmother. Carl spent a lot of time water-skiing on the lake (while I watched from the boat). We also went to the zoo in Columbia, South Carolina. These little birds really loved nectar.






My Grandma Massey grew up in Statesville, North Carolina which is only about an hour away from Carl's grandmother who lives in Mooresville. Carl and I spent the day with my Statesville relatives and had a wonderful time.


This is a picture of me in front of the house where my grandmother grew up.

Another highlight of the trip was spending a day with my dear friend Christine and her daughter Laralyn. We played in the lake in Mooresville and spent time catching up. We had a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Sounds so fun! And I'm excited to know you may be back in these neck of the woods again because you have family back here! And I'm so glad that you are private so now you can talk all about what's really going on in your life. And most exciting of all is that your baby girl is almost here!

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Horray for all your updates!!!!!! I love your baby room, and I'm so sad that Carl has to go to Iraq next year. I thought you guys would somehow get away with that not happening. I can't wait to see you and your little baby (whose name I know, but will not reveal, in case you're surprising everyone with it on the big birthday). I'll be in town at Thanksgiving, and then a few weeks after that, and then at Christmas. Consider me your stalker once I get to Utah. You have been warned.

Sister Tara Bowen said...

Um, have you forgotten to send a joyous message out to everyone you love on earth?